Behind the Scenes
A variety of pictures of festival personnel and places of interest.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- At Hawaiian Airlines, awaiting departure. Bobby Ingano, chef Sam Choy, and Greg Sardinha.
- Aerial view of Diamond Head Crater.
- Above the clouds the sun's reflection provides an eerie view.
- Some festival musicians at the Kona airport. From left: Kapono Lopes, Greg Sardinha, Pono Fernandez, Joey Misailidis, Bobby Ingano, Tai Misailidis, and Kaipo Asing.
- Kapono Lopes, Greg Sardinha, Kaipo Asing, and Iaukea Bright.
- Bobby Ingano and Iaukea Bright.
- Festival musicians and staff. From Left: Sandy Sardinha, Greg Sardinha, Mālie Lyman, Alan Akaka, Tai Misailidis, Don Touchi, Joey Misailidis, and Eric Keawe.
- First stop for breakfast - the Big Island Grill.
- The newly-remodeled lobby of the Mauna Lani features an outrigger canoe.
- Aerial view of the Mauna Laniʻs remodeled lobby.
Back to Gallery: 2019 Special Edition Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2020 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.