Behind the Scenes 1
A variety of pictures of festival personnel and guests.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Next Generation steel guitarists Pono, Joey, and Mālie
- Noriko and Shuji Tomita from Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan.
- Greg Sardinha and Alan Akaka with Charles Michael Brotman, leader of the music group Kohala and featured artist in the hotelʻs Canoe House restaurant.
- Millie Akaka.
- Anna Akaka.
- Millie Akaka and Anna Akaka with Next Generation steel guitarists and musicians.
- Millie Akaka with sons Daniel Jr., and Alan Akaka.
- The festival banner.
- Lobby practice-turned-kanikapila by the Bobby Ingano Trio.
- Los Hawaiianos (Hiroshi Uchida, Hideki Hattori, and Hiroshi Kaneko) with Bobby Ingano.
- Sandy Sardinha customizing her festival T-shirt.
- Shirley Holu and Andrea Tolentino.
- Les Lactaoen is the omelette bar chef at the Bay Terrace restaurant breakfast buffet.
- Sandy Sardinha modeling her customized festival T-shirt.
- Shuji Tomita, Alan Akaka, and Noriko Tomita.
- The festival T-shirt.
- Kahua Campang, Addison Ching, Kaleo Perry, and Kaleo Kam.
- Kekahuaonaleo with Addison Chng.
- Judiciary Represent: Larry Holu (State of Hawaiʻi Attorney Generalʻs oiffice), Geri Valdriz (retired judge) and and newly appointed Hawaiʻi Intermediate Court of Appeals Associate Judge Derrick Chan.
- An exhausted Bobby Ingao takes a break.
- Elizabeth ''Eliza" Demmi helped photograph festival events.
- Dave Kolars's video recording setup.
- Bobby Ingano's performance as seen through Dave Kolars' viewfinder.
- Impromptu lobby kanikapila before the trip back to the airport.
- Lobby kanikapila.
- A quick nap before the trip back to O'ahu.
Back to Gallery: 2018 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2018 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.