Sunday Brunch Kanikapila
Sunday brunch entertainment on the Bay Terrace lawn was provided to brunch guests in the form of a kanikapila by festival musicians. The Musicians were continually on the move to avoid being in the direct sunlight.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Kanikapila musicians from left: Greg Sardinha, Adam Asing, Alan Akaka, Joey Misailidis, Alexis Tolentino, Tai Misailidis, Bobby Ingano, and Addison Ching.
- More musicians from left: Danny Akaka, Alan Akaka, Greg Sardinha, Mālie Lyman, Bobby Ingano, Addison Ching, Adam Asing, and Kaipo Asing.
- The shifting sun forced the musicians to seek shade. From left: Konabob Stoffer, Alan Akaka, Greg Sardinha, Kris Oka, and Addison Ching. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
- Kaipo and Adam Asing, Mālie and Pomaikaʻi Lyman, Danny Akaka, and Konabob Stoffer. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
- Mālie and Pomaikaʻi Lyman, Danny Akaka, Konabob Stoffer, and Alan Akaka. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
- Konabob Stoffer, Alan Akaka, Kris Oka, Greg Sardinha, Addison Ching, and Bobby Ingano. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
- Greg Sardinha, Kris Oka, Addison Ching, Bobby Ingano, and Shinichi Kakiuchi. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
- After the brunch entertainment concluded, Kris Oka showed off his new steel guitar to Shinichi Kakiuchi and others. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
- Bobby Ingano tries out Kris Oka's new steel, playing an arrangement of Santo and Johnny's ʻTeardropʻ while Dave ʻDKʻ Kolars takes a video of the performance. Photo by Kumiko Kakiuchi.
Back to Gallery: 2017 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2017 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE unless otherwise noted.