Friday Evening Program, Part 1
Friday's ho'olaule'a was relocated from the outdoors Milo Tree location to the Meeting Room foyer area due to the possibility of inclement weather. Emcees were Alan Akaka and Danny Akaka, Jr.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Iaukea Bright prepares for his performance as co-emcees Danny Jr. and Alan Akaka chat with backup musicians.
- Alan and Danny Jr. share opening remarks while guitarist Pomai Brown prepares.
- Alan introduces Iaukea Bright. The bass player is Dwain Young.
- Co-emcee Danny Akaka, Jr. offers comments while Alan stands by.
- Co-emcee Alan Akaka.
- Co-emcee Danny Akaka, Jr.
- Featured steel guitarist Iaukea Bright.
- Steel guitarist Pomai Brown played backup guitar for Iaukea Bright.
- Backup musician Dwain Young was handy on the upright bass.
- Dwain, Iaukea, and Pomai.
- Iaukea's view of the audience.
- The Ke Kula Mele Next Generation musicians and ensemble.From left: Alan Akaka, Tai and Joey Misailidis, Alexis Tolentino, Mālie Lyman, Addison Ching.
- Next Generation steel guitarist Joey Misailids, age 12.
- Next Generation U-bassist Tai Misailidis, age 9.
- Steel Guitarist Alexis Tolentino, 18, is a Next Generation alumnus and plays ʻukulele for the ensemble.
- Addison Ching.
- Next Generation steel guitarist Mālie Lyman. Mālie also plays ʻukulele.
- Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Mālie Lyman at the steel.
- For you and....her. Mālie has fun with Henehene Kou Aka.
- Alan and Danny introduce the Hana Aloha Trio: Alan Hale, Shirley Stoffer, and Konabob Stoffer on the steel guitar.
- Alan, Shirley, and Konabob.
- Danny Akaka, Jr. and Alan Akaka.
Back to Gallery: 2017 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2017 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.